Nursery duties relate to anything involving the child’s well being
They may include:
- Children’s laundry (washing, ironing and placing any clothes that may have been outgrown to one side)
- General tidiness of the rooms used by the children on a daily basis
- Keeping the toys in a hygienic state
- Organising age appropriate activities, such as music classes, swimming etc. Planning play dates and also ensuring the children have quiet times.
- Dressing and bathing the children
- Providing feedback to the family at the end of each day, perhaps keeping a daily diary.
- Homework supervision
- Providing well balanced, nutritious meals
- School and nursery runs
- Stimulation of the children, mentally and physically
- Creative, fun and educational play
- Liaising with the school on behalf of the parents
A nanny does not take on any cleaning duties aside from the children’s rooms unless pre-arranged between themselves and the family.